Today is my dad's half birthday!!!
My dad is so so handsome and really amazing. I could not have asked for better parents. Today he is 50 and a half! I'm sure I will cry later tonight thinking about it... as I did on his 50th birthday. I did not celebrate or get him anything 6 months ago because I would not accept him getting older. Feel a little bad about it now, but it just wasn’t ok with me. I wasn’t ready yet.
He was our provider for as well as I can remember. He never forgot to pick me up from swimming practice and make me walk home in the Iowa snow! He loves his TV and would let me cuddle up with him, calling me his “belly warmer”. After school, sports, then work, I sometimes would not get home till after 10 at night… and my dad would still get all the food back out and cook me supper in bed.
He was a dad that never left… he was home every night to make sure us kids got home every night.
My dad is a very special man who was raised by very very special parents. He was strong when he needed to be, and gentle when we needed him to be. He is more than words could say.
Happy Half Birthday Dad… love you to the moon and all the way back!!
It's an awesome feeling to have wonderful parents! My dad will be 60 in April and I just can't quite grasp the thought of that yet! I think sometimes it's hard for us to believe and accept the fact that our parents are getting older because we can't believe we are this age. At least that's the way it is for me. Sometimes I still feel like that a little girl, but just have a whole lot of responsibilities.
ReplyDeleteoh, and Happy Half Birthday to your dad :)
ReplyDeleteAww thanks Lindsay!! I so wish I could go back to being ten years old and never leave home! =)
ReplyDelete