Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blessed Little Moments….


What a Monday the Dacus’ had!! Our week didn’t start off for the best. During our crazy storm the night before, a very large tree limb decided to fall right on top of my husband’s brand new, two week old truck! That morning, I got my good bye kisses and listened for him to lock up on the way out…  but then I heard him all the way through the house when he saw his windshield busted and very very large dents in the truck. He was not very happy. Later when Ben got to work, a co-worker didn’t see his DVD player on the ground and ran out it.      I picked up Cameron from school and found out that after a very long weekend away from Mom, he forgot that hitting a teacher because she wanted him to take a nap was not ok!!   So we had to have that little talk all over again.  So, as you see, it was a rough day....

But that night when I was alone with the three boxer dogs in bed, I just kept thinking happy thoughts. Thinking the truck and DVD players can be fixed… but really, it could have been worse. I could have gotten a horrible phone call from a loved one, my family could be sleeping outside somewhere with no roof or running water, we all could be hungry…  it could have been worse.
And then this morning came….

Cameron was so sweet this morning…  We were making a video to send to Ben wishing him a better day and to let him know we love him. Cameron saw my bra on the fall and wanted to get his picture taken with it. Why not! I do remember my big brother taken a photo wearing my mother’s bra and cowboy boots. And he turned out to be normal.   =)     Cameron said “Mom, look, Im wearing your boobie skirt!”  I almost cried I laughed so hard.     

 He then took the camera from me and started taking photos just around the house. He showed me a little bit after everything he took… photos of the dog’s tail, one of my belly button, photo of the guy on the tv, his shoe, and then a pitch black one. I asked what the black one was and so sweetly, Cameron looked at me, and said “I took a photo of the dark”.   That time I just cried.  
  
How sweet and innocent kids see the world. I hate that it goes away after many scraped knees and broken hearts.

Life is hard… but the blessed little moments are so so worth it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment